Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour 2023 – Southern California
The Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour shows a selection of the latest outdoor adventure films at theaters around the world.
Tour stops in Southern California for 2023 include San Lois Obispo, Santa Barbara, Costa Mesa, Pasadena, Redlands, Encinitas and San Diego.
This year’s tour features 40 films about rock climbing, mountaineering, skiing, mountain biking, dog sledding,
For more information on the tour dates and stops, visit the tour website.
Here are some of the films features in this year’s festival:
- Alta: A film showcasing the beauty and adrenaline-fueled thrills of the legendary ski resort, Alta.
- A Baffin Vacation: A documentary about a group of skiers who embark on an adventure to ski on Baffin Island’s rugged and remote terrain.
- Balkan Express: A film about a group of friends who bike through the Balkans, exploring the region’s unique culture and landscapes.
- Before They Fall: A film about the world’s greatest BASE jumpers and their daring exploits.
- Clean Mountains: A film that explores the impact of human activities on the mountain environment and what can be done to protect it.
- Colors of Mexico: A film that showcases the vibrant and diverse cultures of Mexico, through the eyes of a group of outdoor enthusiasts.
- Continuum: A film that follows skiers and snowboarders as they push the limits of what is possible on the slopes.
- Creation Theory: A film that explores the creation of the universe, through stunning visual effects and interviews with experts in the field.
- Danny MacAskill’s Do a Wheelie: A film that documents the trials and tribulations of one of the world’s most talented street trials cyclists, Danny MacAskill.
- Doo Sar: A Karakoram Ski Expedition Film: A film about a group of skiers who venture into the remote and stunning mountain range of the Karakoram.
- Eco-Hack!: A film that highlights the innovative solutions and creative thinking of a group of young activists and entrepreneurs who are working to tackle environmental challenges.
- Fabric: A Documentary Series, Ep 4 Heritage: A film that explores the history and cultural significance of textiles and their role in shaping our world.
- Fall Theory: A film about the thrill and beauty of free-falling, from skydivers and BASE jumpers to paragliders and wing-suit flyers.
- The Fastest Girl in the Village: A film about a young skier who sets out to become the fastest girl in her village, and in doing so, inspires others to follow their dreams.
- Flow: A film that captures the essence of skiing and snowboarding, through breathtaking visuals and the skills of some of the world’s top athletes.
- Free to Run: A film that explores the history and impact of running as a sport, and the freedom and joy that it brings to those who participate.
Virtual World Tour
The film festival also offers a virtual tour streaming some films from the current and past festivals.