The Annual Filthy 50+ mountain bike race takes place in San Diego and travels through various sections of San Dieguito River Park and Black Mountain Park. The race offers two different lengths, 30 miles, and 50 miles.
Organized by Quick n’ Dirty Mountain Bike Racing, the Filthy 50+ includes a kids ride on the morning of the race with awards given out just afterward.
Here’s the full list of classes:
- Expert Men Open – 50+ Miles
- Expert Women Open – 50+ Miles
- Sport Men Open – 50+ Miles
- Sport Women Open – 50+ Miles
- Beginner Men Open – 50+ Miles
- Beginner Women Open – 50+ Miles
- Single Speed Open – 50+ Miles
- Drop Bar Open (Gravel/CX/Road) – 50+ Miles
- Big Boned (200+) – 50+ Miles
- 55+ Men/Women Open – 50+ Miles
- 30 Mile Ride Open – 30 miles
- 30 Mile Ride School Boy 12-15
- 30 Mile Ride School Girl 12-15
- Kids Ride – 1-3 Miles Beginner/Sport/Expert
The race takes place on public trails with other mountain bikers, hikers, and equestrians likely to be encountered on the trails. Riders are encouraged to be careful and respectful of other users of the trails. The trails are marked for the race and feed stations available along the way for refueling.
Registration for the event is limited to 400 riders.
Filthy 50+ is one of several races that Quick n’ Dirty puts on in San Diego County. Check out their website for a full list of events.
Here’s a video about the 2018 race:
- Start Date: October 29, 2022
- End Date: October 29, 2022
- Event Type: Race/Ride
- Venue: San Dieguito River Park, Black Mountain Park