Modern Mountain Man Rendezvous is a skill based learning approach to the outdoors intended for a beginner to intermediate skill level camper to be able to learn in an outdoor environment.
This year, camp is set in the beautiful fields of Julian Farm & Orchard, minutes away from the Julian Pie Company. A short drive from the city, with day attractions and local commerce, you wont feel far from home despite waking up in your tent. Participants can expect scheduled daily classes and activities with expert instructors, access to the local Julian Mining Company at a discount, nightly story telling and campfire camaraderie.
The full 3 day schedule includes:
- Primitive fire starting with char cloth, wood bows, tinder, and flint stone
- Trapping, dispatching, cleaning and cooking wild game
- Knife whittling, archery, and axe throwing
- Field first aid, water purification, outdoor safety
- Gear inspection and review upon request from instructors
- Catered camp style meal plans
- Epic opportunity drawing
- Wild berry and farm produce picking (depending on seasonal outcome)
- Discount access to Julian Mining Company
- Petting Zoo for children
And so much more, all packed into a 3 day outdoor camping and learning environment for families and curious campers alike.
The Modern Mountain Man Rendezvous ( 3MR ) is a staple yearly fundraising event put on by Triple B Adventures, a registered 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to reconnecting veterans with their brothers and sisters. Through outdoor retreats, we give veterans a sense of belonging they may have lost since transitioning out of the military. Our "Campfire Therapy" includes hiking, fishing, camping, and excursions aimed at restoring our warriors body, mind and soul. We aim at giving them camaraderie and purpose once again in an effort to continue our promise that 'no one gets left behind.'