Archipelago Ride 2024
April 6 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Archipelago Ride, organized by the San Diego Mountain Biking Association, is a unique mountain biking festival that takes riders on a journey through several trail systems in San Diego. This year’s event will be held on April 6, 2024, and features two challenging rides: the Full Arch and the Half Arch. The event was rescheduled from an April date.
Full Arch Ride:
- Distance: Approximately 45 miles
- Elevation Gain: Almost 4500 feet
- Route: A point-to-point epic from San Marcos to Gravity Heights Brewing in Mira Mesa
Half Arch Ride:
- Distance: Approximately 24 miles
- Elevation Gain: Over 1800 feet
- Route: A point-to-point ride from Black Mountain Open Space Park to Gravity Heights Brewing in Mira Mesa
- Electric mountain bikes are allowed on the Half Arch
Both rides are designed for intermediate riders with appropriate conditioning, and require riders to tackle serious terrain and elevation gains. The ride concludes with a Finish Line Luau held at Gravity Heights Brewing in Mira Mesa, where riders can socialize, enjoy food and drinks, and celebrate their accomplishments.
Note: Registration for the Archipelago Ride fills up quickly, so it’s recommended to sign up early to secure a spot.
Here’s a video from SDMBA video from the 2022 ride: