Big Bear Spartan Race
May 18 - May 19
The Big Bear Spartan Race is set to take place over the weekend of May 18-19, 2024, at the Snow Summit in Big Bear Lake, CA. This event is part of the Spartan Trifecta Weekend and features various race formats designed to challenge participants of different skill levels.
The event will include the following races:
- Spartan Sprint (5K): This is the shortest course with 20 obstacles and a significant elevation gain of 1732 feet. It serves as an introduction to the Spartan race world.
- Spartan Super (10K): A more challenging course with 25 obstacles, set in rugged terrain and high-altitude.
- Spartan Beast (21K): This is a grueling 21K course with 30 obstacles, designed to test both physical strength and mental toughness.
- Spartan Kids Race: Catered to children aged 4-13, this race offers different distances based on age, allowing young Spartans to experience the thrill of the race.
- Spartan Adaptive Races: These races are on the ½ Mile Kids Course, designed for participants with intellectual or physical impairments, ensuring a safe and fun experience.
- Spartan 10K Trail Race: For those interested in trail running without the obstacles, this race takes runners through scenic trails and challenging terrain.
Spectator passes are available for those who wish to watch the event. Additionally, the weekend offers a chance for participants to complete the Spartan Trifecta by finishing the Sprint, Super, and Beast races.
Located at Big Bear Mountain Resort, the venue is known for its challenging climbs, taking participants as high as 8,200 feet above sea level. Besides the race, the area offers a range of entertainment, local culture, food, and lodging options.
The Spartan Race is a series of obstacle races of varying distance and difficulty, ranging from 3 miles to marathon distances. These races are known for their physically and mentally challenging obstacles, which test a participant’s endurance, strength, and agility.
Here’s a video from a past race: